A Scientific Specialist encompasses strong scientific, informational, communication and interpersonal activities, and works with a range of different departments (e.g. marketing, regulatory affairs…) within the company in order to ensure maximum information exchange and development.
1. Scientific communication:
- Act as disease expert and take lead responsibility for maintaining a comprehensive and current knowledge of a therapeutic area (collection, evaluation and managing of scientific data) and for distribution of scientific information to respective stakeholders
- Analyse clinical trial data, prepare and report trial results at scientific meetings
- Assist clinicians in the preparation of scientific publications and presentations
- Provide support in formulation of publication strategies
- Provide support in formulation of training strategies
2. Supporting marketing:
- Provide the medical and scientific expertise in the creation of promotional materials, events (e.g. product launch) and other activities such as tender business
- Lead literature review within a therapeutic area and translate evidence into comprehensive materials for marketing groups
- Review marketing materials for scientific accuracy
- Present scientific evidence at marketing events
3. Clinical development planning:
- Support development of study designs
- Participate in assessment of investigator initiated trial proposals so that BU can take an informed decision
4. Clinical operational activities
- Support trial study start-up phases (support in writing study protocol, identification of investigators and KOLs, CRF review, Investigator brochure review, CA&EC assistance, support on medical and scientific questions/issues during trial follow-up phase)
- Review CEC/DMC/Clinical trial reports
5. Regulatory activities:
- Work with regulatory affairs and legal department to ensure that all written documents are scientifically accurate
- Support marketing authorisation applications (reimbursement of medical devices)
- Perform clinical evaluations
- Medical/biomedical/scientific degree (advanced degree is a plus)
- Experience in clinical trials and medical/scientific communication
- Analytical mind with well-developed scientific rigor
- Well-developed computer, communication and presentation skills
- Team player and willing to work collaboratively across the organization, working with others to reach results/resolution
- Strong problem solving skills
- Travel experience
- Experience of an international environment is a plus
- Fluent in English and one other language
- Ability to motivate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to function in a self-directed manner with a high degree of independence
- Strong personal integrity, capable to motivate others
- Belgian residence required
- An attractive salary in line with your experience and skills.
- Fringe benefits including a medical insurance, pension plan and a care plan.
- A supporting environment.
- Respect for the life-work balance.
- Career planning.
- A focus on professional and personal growth through training and coaching.
- Room for personal engagement to help shape our company's future.
Evelien Van Eecke