Medical Affairs Expert
As a Medical Affairs Expert, your role encompasses excellent scientific, informational, communication and interpersonal activities. You will work with a range of different departments (e.g. clinical operations, marketing, regulatory affairs, ...) to ensure maximum information exchange and development. In addition, you have frequent outside contact with KOLs, medical societies and other health care professionals. This role has a focus on the peripheral interventions portfolio of our company.
1.Medical affairs strategy:
- You contribute to the development and implementation of the appropriate medical affairs strategy in line with business objectives. This includes organising advisory boards/expert panels in order to improve scientific knowledge, identify unmet needs and cover potential scientific gaps.
2.Medical affairs & scientific expertise:
- You are the medical affairs and disease point of reference to internal and external stakeholders regarding peripheral interventions.
- You build relationships and demonstrate the clinical outcome and benefits of our products to KOLs, medical groups and health systems
- You contribute to a publication strategy in line with the business objectives and you drive the distribution of scientific information to respective internal and external stakeholders. In addition, you prepare literature for new products and revising existing literature. Furthermore, you assist clinicians in the preparation of scientific publications and presentations.
- You provide support in formulation of disease specific training & education strategies.
4. You participate in Key opinion leaders (KOL) management programs through Advisory boards, expert panels and customer facing interactions.
5. Collaboration with the marketing department:
- Collaboration with marketing is key to be successful in the role. You provide the medical and scientific expertise in the creation of promotional material, events (e.g. product launch), tenders and you present scientific evidence at congresses.
6.Clinical Development planning
- Contribute to the development of study designs, by being responsible for specific sections of the Clinical Investigational Plan and evaluating the soundness of investigator-initiated trial proposals
- In addition, you support trial study start-up phases
- You work with regulatory affairs to ensure that all written documents are scientifically accurate and in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- You are a Medical Doctor or have a Biomedical/Pharmacy/Scientific degree (PhD, PharmD is a plus).
- You can look back at over 5 years of experience in medical affairs or in a simular role. (MSL etc.. )
- You bring in expertise regaring peripheral interventions: you know the types of products, the therpeutic domains and have an outside network.
- As a person, you are a team player: you can work well with your other medical affairs colleagues, but also with people from a different background, like marketing and RA.
- You know how to set priorities, have a problem solving, hand-on work ethos.
- You are fluent in English, and another European language. A 3th language would be an asset.
- We offer an interesting challenge in a growing team of medical affairs specialists and experts
- A chance to develop yourself within a matrix organisation, contributing to society on an EMEA level.
- An interesting salary, with additional benefits like a company car, mobile phone, bonus and insurances.